On completion of this subject students should be able to:
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the facts, concepts, principles and models of economics;
- Evaluate the consequences of economic decisions in given situations;
- Access and assess relevant data from a variety of sources to present a report on an economic theme;
- Demonstrate relevant Economic-specific language skills.
- The Economic Problem, Scarcity and opportunity cost.
- The Price Mechanism and Government Intervention.
- Market Structures: Monopoly and Oligopoly
- Money and banking
A study of the Australian Economy including the following:
- Inflation, Economic Growth and Unemployment
- Economic Policies: Macro and Micro
- Globalisation, Exchange Rates and Free Trade
This subject teaches to and assesses students on their competence in respect of the following units of competency:
- QLD204ECO01A Examine economic concepts, systems and decisions
In addition, students' work is graded in accordance with the following table:
|Assessment ||Assessment Task||Weighting (% of overall mark)|
|Class Test (S1)|
|Semester One Examination|
|Assessment||Assessment Task||Weighting (% of overall mark)|
|Class Test (S2)|
|Commentary Task 2|
|Semester Two Examination|