Have you completed Year 11? IES provides an alternative pathway to university! Come join our diverse, supportive learning community and over 10 000 successful globally focused graduates who have progressed to their chosen university program with the 10950NAT IES Certificate IV in University Preparation. Offered in our boutique inner city college, and running since 1998, the IES pathway takes the stress out of your senior studies with small classes in a supportive environment.
Our Cert IV in University Preparation offers extra support and the flexibility to mix online and face-to-face classes.
433 Boundary Street Campus
The main hub for IES, this campus is located on the corner of Boundary and Water streets. The Ground Floor offers: 11 classrooms, 2 computer labs, resources / library facilities, an art gallery, numerous quiet and group study areas, as well as a student lounge area with kitchen and cafe facilities. It is also home to the main reception for this campus. The First Floor consists of: 4 lecture theatres, 5 classrooms, an art gallery, resources / library space, as well as numerous quiet and group study areas. It also includes one of IES' corporate hubs, which is home to the General Manager, IES Accounts, Enrolments, Student Services and HR teams and IT Manager. The Second Floor consists of: 2 lecture theatres, numerous classrooms and study spaces, as well as a large presentation space and VBE rooms. It also includes the other IES corporate hub, which is home to the Managing Director and the IES Digital and Marketing teams.
495 Boundary Street Campus
The original IES campus is located at 495 Boundary Street, and now the home of the IES College High School programs, such as the International Bachelorette Diploma Program, it consists of eight (8) levels. The campus includes: numerous classrooms, library, art room, computer labs and science labs, as well as 2 large lecture theatres. It also has student lounge areas, with kitchen facilities, quiet and group study areas, prayer and music rooms.
Enrolling in the 10950NAT Certificate IV in University Preparation program gives you the skills and support to prepare you for future study in Australia.
You don't need a Student Visa to study online with IES College. Our online delivery gives you 24/7 access to our high-quality content and resources all from your home. All course materials and activities are adapted for online learning, so you gain the same knowledge and skills as you would face to face.
Our online delivery is an enjoyable and interactive experience. You will be supported to gain the knowledge, skills and confidence you need to be successful at university. You will experience a rich learning environment where you will have 24/7 access to all the expertise, support, and resources you need:
World class academic support
Our team are here to help, ensuring you stay on track throughout the course.
- Trainers are assigned small groups of students to provide you with live individual support and contact when you need it.
- Regular checkpoint tasks help our trainers monitor your progress and provide you with constructive feedback.
- Forums in each subject allow you to post a question and receive a response within 24 hours.
- There is a dedicated 'Academic Support' page in Moodle where students can access a range of support tools.
- Academic and Student Services staff monitor class attendance, Moodle engagement, and academic progress. Students who are not attending and/or engaging online will be individually contacted.
- Dedicated support for all IT issues can be accessed online.
- Moodle support: firstname.lastname@example.org
- IT support: email@example.com
- Our orientation will provide guidelines about how to study online and what support you will receive.
- All students will be introduced to Moodle, our online learning platform. We will provide clear instructions on how to access all of our online learning materials.
- Attendance at all live online classes is compulsory. Both Academic staff and Student Services staff monitor class attendance and Moodle engagement. Students who are not attending and/or engaging online will be contacted.
- All assessment will be in English and submitted within Moodle.
- Formal assessments have been designed for online delivery. Assessment may include, submission of a written assignment using Turnitin software; live oral presentations; recorded video presentations; portfolio of work; experiments; case studies; and examinations.
- To understand the assessment requirements, please refer to individual Subject Guides
- All instruction is in English and delivered via our easy to use online learning system.
- All live homeroom classes have an average of 25 students
- Live Q&A sessions will be recorded, so that you can watch from home for revision purposes
- All assessment, information and self-directed study and homework will be provided securely and privately via Moodle
- To understand the learning goals, key objectives and skills for each area of study, please refer to the 10950NAT Certificate IV in University Preparation Study Guide
- The majority of the Zoom web conferencing lessons are held between 10am and 5pm (10:00 to 17:00 hrs) Australian Eastern Standard Time, Monday to Friday. You will be studying with students from all over the world so we make every effort to ensure that lessons are held during the day for all students. It is expected that you attend these lessons.
- Actual lesson times with the teacher will vary depending on your timetable for the subjects you are studying.
- You will be notified about your schedule when you begin your program.
- You will also be required to do additional self-directed study outside of these allocated online hours.
Here are some sample timetables of a typical week. These include the different modes of study. Self-Directed Study can be done at any time, so you can move these blocks to suit your time zone.